I never got the chance to. His suggestion came after the sub stopped playing. I will not bad mouth the EP800 because I heard SRoodes twin 800's produce awesome bass (although he did have one that had a bit of a clicking noise coming out of it, wonder how he solved it?), so I know they are capable. But what I will say is that the comment that playing them above +3 'could' be overloading the DSP & causing the distortion was a bit disappointing to me. After all when you read the write-up on the sub it is discribed as 'unbreakable'... Well the JL was playing at +12 without a hint of distortion for quite some time. This is the kind of trait that I'm looking for in a $2000+ dollar subwoofer. Even if I don't play it up there (as I said, at that level the bass was truely over powering!), I would still like to know I 'could' if I wanted to. Does that make any sense?

I thought long & hard all day yesterday about my next step. The idea of getting a new amp in & everything did run through my head, but honestly, I think its better for both me and Axiom if we just put an end to this debacle before it goes south! I've said time and time again that they're customer service is simply brilliant, but I don't want to push it any further. They've been great, I'd hate for my experience to drag on any longer & test their patience. Also I really don't want my experience to put a dark cloud over Axiom in any way, shape or form! I don't doubt that Axiom makes great equipment, I just consider my own luck the exception, not the rule.

What truely does suck is that the EP800 was so perfect sitting at the bottom of my HT closet & all. I did love having the same name brand through out my entire system. That's the hardest part to get over, the fact that I'm going to have to change up the mix, as well as wondering what the hell I'm going to do with that huge hole in the bottom of my HT closet??? I suppose I could make another shelf down there for future electronics and the like.

It won't be the same, but it's about the only thing I can do. What are the chances I could find another manufacturer that produces a sub with the same dimensions that would fill that space, eh? I'd say little to none!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD