Ok I got home and moved the sub around and. Have good news & bad news... first off I'll tell you the bad news. The bad news is that I'm more sure than ever that the noise is in fact eminating from the subwoofer, and not from any other source surrounding it. And I know what you're thinking, that doesn't leave much room for good news, right? Well the good news is that where I had previously thought it was both speakers bottoming out, I'm now almost positive it's only the right (when facing it) side speaker that is producing the noise!

That is big IMO, because it seems a lot more feasible that one of the drivers could be defective then both of them! I mean what would be the odds that I got not one, but two bad drivers as well as a bum amp shipped to me all in the same enclosure? They would have to be astonomical! The chances that I got a bum amp, and that amp caused a problem with the driver, or vice versa even, seem a lot better.

Before, although I was fighting it, I was seriously starting to wonder if the EP800 just wasn't able to hit those low notes. It was a depressing thought, but it seemed more likely than receiving a subwoofer with 3 out of 3 bad components! Now I'm feeling huge relief over the fact that its just the one driver that's bad! Still uncool I might add, but fixable at least.

So next I'm going to pull the driver & see if I can't find a visible problem with it. Does anyone know what I should be looking for? Has anyone else here had an Axiom driver fail in any subwoofer? I'd like to disconnect the bad driver & listen to just the good driver so I can make sure I'm right, how would I do that?

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD