Any my latest reply to Alan...

[quote=Micah}

Ok well I do appreciate your time and thoughts on the matter. And I am eager to hear Ian's thoughts as well. Just to let you know, I was aware that playing the unit with the amp removed would change the dynamics of the system, so I wasn't doing any listening tests or anything while running this experiment. I was simply trying to watch the travel of the woofer cone to see if a wire or something was getting in the way of the speaker while it was operating.

The problem with the bad speaker (there is a replacement speaker on it's way as we speak) presented itself during movie play back where there was a lot of LFE present. During almost all of my musical recordings the EP800 seems to work flawlessly. But when really low, probably inaudible frequencies are played the right speaker has a nasty 'clanking' sound to it... I originally thought I was bottoming out the speakers. But of course this is something that the XLF won't alow, so I knew it had to be a faulty speaker. And this was all discovered with the amp firmly in place and the entire system sealed as it was intended to be, so it wasn't a reaction to a change in the original design.

I can't wait to get the new speaker installed so that I can enjoy movies the way they were meant to be heard. I'm already enjoying my music collection like I've never enjoyed it before. The M80's are truely a world class speaker. And I enjoy playing my music in 5.1 channel for the first time ever because the VP150, and the QS8's are up to the task of playing with just as much fidelity as their tower big brother. The result is my entire livingroom is filled with incredible sounding music. And all for a price that truely shocks me. I would put my system up against a system costing double what I paid any day.

I honestly believe they are that good!

[/quote]

Now don't go calling me a 'suck-up'... these are after all the same thoughts I've shared on this board time and time again! ;\)

Last edited by Micah; 07/16/09 04:52 PM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD