Well my luck just keeps getting better and better. I had totally planned on comparing the two subs side by side once the new, tested unit arrives (shipped out yesterday), but low and behold, just a few days ago I was playing some music, at very modest levels at that, and suddenly I noticed a lack of bass. I went into the HT closet and discovered the EP800 amp light was out... long story short, the damn thing blew a fuse! This is exactly what started this whole fiasco in the first place, the original amp blew a fuse the first day I used it. Then they sent me a new amp, and it's worked fine ever since. Now out of the blue this new amp craps out on me??? What is this unit cursed or something? Did someone in the plant die while putting my EP800 together and now he's here to haunt me for as long as I own this thing? This is just craziness!!!!

Oh well, I still plan on playing everything I can think of that drove this unit to 'clanking' like it did as soon as the new unit arrives. As long as it performs as well as JC and the rest of the crew over at Axiom found it to perform for them, then I will be one satisfied customer. However, if the new unit 'clanks' like this one did, then I suppose I'll be packing them both up. But I'm not going into this with any pesimism what so ever. I have all the faith in the world in the fact that if they put this new sub through the wringer over there at the Axiom factory, and it passed with flying colors, then it should perform superbly in my livingroom as well.

Now I just have to wait for it to get here! \:\(

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD