Originally Posted By: micah

Now that I've heard the M80's and all they are capable of I wish I could have been there at Bobs GTG with the SongTowers.

I would love to hear the SongTowers. In my limited audio experience the “smooth” speakers people gush over just don’t get the highs right. Which is why I quickly narrowed my search down to brands like Focal, B&W and eventually Axiom. IMO it’s easier to EQ or (tube amp) a speaker to sound smoother with harsh recordings than to replace highs that should be there from the original source.

If there was ever any doubt in my mind that my M80s or M22s were “harsh” or sibilant when it wasn’t coming from the recording itself I put that to rest by A/B comparing them with my Sennheiser 600s. A sibilant sounding recording on my Axioms sounded the same on my Sennheisers. Ended any doubt in my mind full stop.

IMO Bobs M80 experience was doomed from the start based on the power of suggestion from posts in other forums. Plus he seemed to want more of a social experience in his speaker purchase than just an auditory one.

One nice thing I have noticed recently is that with the silence of a certain brands fanboys, do to the companies “issues,” you’re not seeing the “made my ears bleed” comments cropping up any more. If I were the suspicious type I might suspect a little disinformation.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1