Yeah if you think having a heart attack at 47 is pre-mature, try finding out you have two separate forms of cancer at the ripe old age of 35. I hadn't smoked in 12 years, I was excersizing regularly and treated my body like a temple... to say I was shocked would be an incredible understatement.

So just how long did it take you to stop smoking then Rick? Was the pain you experienced on the operating table enough to enable you to ditch the habit at that very second? Or did you still struggle for a while? This is what I was talking about with Patrick... it's all fun and games until you look death in the face. This is USUALLY enough to scare you straight. My father has had two heart attacks so far and is still smoking. He makes attempts every now and then to quit, but so far it hasn't stuck. It's a shame, because I know when he does pass I'll wonder how long he might have had if he'd been able to quit.

That was one of the things that went through my head as I under went chemotherapy... "how do I get cancer 12 years after QUITTING smoking, and here my father has smoked for damn near 50 years and never got it"? Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD