My Denon doesn't have audessy, but my guess is it wouldn't have any effect really in this case. It's happening when it tries to reproduce the really low (possibly inaudible) stuff. For instance the scene in 'Iron Man' where he's demonstrating his missile system, standing on the mountian... From the time he launches the missile, throughout the entire explosion, for about 20 - 30 seconds my EP800 is bottoming out the entire time. Has anyone else here with an EP500, 600 or 800 watched that movie yet? And if so did your subwoofer rattle and crack the whole time?

I don't think there is anyway this is typical of the EP800 or any of Axiom's subwoofer line. Their speakers are way too good to sound like this. The quality of sound coming out of the M80's is a million times better than that. It can't possibly be indicitive of this speaker, it has to be an exception. Heck my Cerwin Vega handled LFE better than this.

But like I said it sounds spectacular with music. It handles everything down to around 18 hz remarkable well and accurate. It's the stuff below 18 hz that's giving it fits. And since every review I've ever read about it talks about how well it does with the low stuff, I have to assume mine is a bum unit.

Dr. House, removing the amp actually gives you a really good view of the back of the speakers. I played it with the amp removed and watched them. I didn't see any wires or anything else hitting them, but they still made the noise. Playing with the phase switch and subsonic filter had no effect what so ever.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD