TAM,

Nice planes, I would love to try them out, but I don't think that will be happening!

I did some time in a North American AT-6, which was the advanced fighter trainer for WW2 and was also used for FAC and some ground attack work. It was a blast to fly with the big noisy radial engine and open canopy, nice cool air when skimming clouds.

Did you ever see a Stewart 51? A guy named Stewart was selling 75% scale, reproduction P-51 Mustangs which were all aluminum air-frames built in the Delfin factory in the Czech Republic. He dropped a Chevy 502 cu inch massaged V8 motor into it and it was gorgeous with its big 4 blade prop. I went down there to do a test flight, but the motor was having issues when I got there! Damn. But I watched it wind up and do some passes with his chief pilot flying by.

Anyway, I think of these old planes as equivalent to my vinyl records, a lot more work, but it's what keeps it all fun smile Yeah it's not as easy as putting on something from the app on the phone while having cocktails at the pool, but I like jumping up or 'grazing' back into the room to flip the record.

It's the same feeling as looking at the rosewood finish.

Slim

Last edited by Slimpikins; 12/26/17 10:29 PM.