That wall is cracked pretty bad and the I-beam has broke the concrete and a piece of it is sticking out. The best I can do is just keep the wall from getting any worse. The salesman, who also has undergone their repair programs, said that they won't repair any of the cracks and not to worry about them since none of the cracks on this wall have gone all the way through. I can repair them myself if I want to, but he suggests just using some silicone based stuff that would allow future movement.

I opted out of the water proofing, which would of cost me closer to $7000 total instead of $4000. To do that, they would have installed a metal channel under the concrete floor, near the wall with a sump pump draining it. Since I don't have a water problem here, he agreed that it wouldn't be worthwhile to waterproof this wall.

I also have an outer door in my future home theater room, that I want removed and concreted or bricked up. Unfortunately, his company charges a minimum of $1500 to pour a footer and they wouldn't do this without pouring a footer for the 2-3 foot wide wall. A footer here would be nice, but it's not worth that kind of money.

Last edited by CatBrat; 12/13/11 01:13 PM.