I was thinking about replacing my 37 inch Samsung LCD with a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma. 50 inch is the biggest that will fit without me having to move my speakers (except perhaps for the M2 on top).

But, then I started thinking about how I could get a 70 inch into this spot. (Click on my signature link) I don't know where I'd put the speakers exactly, or how I'd place them. One option would be to just remove the top 3 speakers and go with the EP160 and the pair of M22 bookshelf. Or, mount the on-wall m22's below and the bookshelf M22's above and angled down.

It's just a thought worth thinking about. So far all I've looked at is the Sharp 70 inch at BB for around $2000. But it's not 3D and it's not plasma, and the off angle viewing might be bad. I don't know what else is out there in the 70 inch with a reasonable price (say under $3000). There's always the Panasonic 65 inch GT or ST 50 plasma models too.

Space wise, this wall is 65 inches from doorway frame on the left to hallway on the right. A 70 inch is 63.5 inches wide.

What do you think? Is it worth changing my wall of sound audio nirvana for video ecstasy?

Here's another option I just found. It's a 70 inch Sharp LC-70LE735U 3D LED. Or the LC-70LE745U. Except these are edge-lit, so probably not.

Last edited by CatBrat; 03/26/12 03:44 AM.