I've been checking out the 2013 Panasonic 65 inch ZT60 model TV on line. I currently have the 2012 Panasonic 65 inch VT50 model. I'm pleased with this TV in most all areas, except motion handling. I'd love to be able to view mine and this one side by side, in the same calibrated ISF mode and see what, if any, differences there are. A video I watched says the new 2013 is able to present the moving image quicker than the 2012 model, enhancing motion resolution, especially noticeable in fast action scenes.

I may have to bite the bullet and make the switch later this year, IF, I can sell my 1 year old fully calibrated (with extended warranty/3 years left) 65 inch VT50 for around $1000.00 less than the cost of the ZT60 model. So far the ZT60 isn't for sale, and to be listed around $4100, about $4500 after tax, and with price drop after a few months. You can buy a new, uncalibrated with 1 year warranty 65 VT50 for $2900 from Amazon. So, I'd be asking about $3500 now and less later, as the price of the ZT60 starts to drop.

The 65 inch VT60 is around $3600 (full price) and may be a better way to go, but don't know about the motion improvements to it yet. That puts it at about $4000 after tax, unless I buy from Amazon. Never bought a $3500 tv from Amazon before. Maybe worth while, just to get the newer model a little easier. I probably could sell my old one for around $3000 this way. Probably easier to find a buyer, plus I'd be paying less.

After checking, the VT60 also has the improved motion quality. It's called 3000 Focused Field Drive.

Here's the video. 3000 FFD starts at the 6 minute mark.

One improvement of the ZT60 over the VT60 is bonding of the glass cover with the glass of the panel. The VT50 and VT60 have a thin air pocket between the 2 layers of glass. This can create some reflections between the 2, causing some blurring at extreme off angles.

Last edited by CatBrat; 05/29/13 10:07 PM.