I finally got the QS8s mounted. I seem to have an overall sound problem before mounting them. It's an over-bright and fatiguing sound. It may be caused either by mounting the 3 M22's over the TV (doubtful), or it's Audysses's inability to process sound from all these speakers properly, or it's some error I'm making. Adding the surrounds only increased the problem.

I've started using the 8 position mic calibration, keeping the mike between the rather narrow mains. This has helped to increase the bass and overall sound. But some upper frequencies, mainly female voice and a bit higher become irritatingly bright. This seems to have started when I finished adding the furniture and rug.

I'm finding myself turning the volume down to avoid any unpleasantries. This never was a problem in the past. I never had this problem with MCACC. My mind keeps drifting towards selling this Denon 3312ci and getting another Pioneer Elite.

Turning Audyssey off doesn't produce better results. It then becomes more of a muted sound that I don't like. Turning Audyssey on opens up the upper end and makes it become alive sounding. Only a little too much. Anyone know a fix for this problem?

Last edited by CatBrat; 12/23/12 05:12 PM.