After weekend playing with OPPO BDP-103D and URC R-40 remote.

First the remote: Seems like a good idea with a possible failed product. Have to wait until I have more experience programming it. I can execute single commands on any one device. I can turn off all devices with one push of a button (that doesn't work everytime). I've programmed, by learning, the physical buttons for how I want them to function. A few of them worked once, some of them never worked, and those that did work soon failed to work. You know, I never had these problems even once with a Logitech remote.

Now the Blu-Ray player: Works excellent, seems the newer the model, the quicker the mechanical parts respond. It asked to update the firmware as soon as I turned it on the first time and all went well (I use ethernet cable whenever I can). The darbee, I'm still playing with the adjustment. So far, I've only used it on a blu-ray edition of Lost. It goes from 0% to 120%. I originally set it to 30% because that seems to be the happy point on the AVS forums. Putting it in demo mode where left side of display is with darbee and right side is without darbee, I couldn't tell that it was even working. So I set it to 120%. Working! Slowly turned it down over many watching sessions, then back up to 68% seems to be the happy place for myself. Using Hi-Def mode.

First off, it seems to make skin texture look much more real than before. Skin is where I've noticed the differences the most. The more Darbee you have, the greasier the skin looks. (No, I haven't watched the movie Grease yet.) So turning it down a bit there helps. The real kicker is pausing it on a screen with faces and turning Darbee on and off, comparing the difference. There is a big difference at around the 70% setting without going overboard. Around 60% setting is were I start to notice there isn't much of a difference. Overall, I'm happy with Darbee and probably won't be turning it off anytime soon.