Originally Posted By: CatBrat
You really can't tie a cat up and put it outside. I just finished reading about this a bit on the internet. Everyone says it's not a good idea. Too many things can go wrong.

I know two people that tie their cat(s) up whenever they are outside, and one also walks it on a leash. They've never had any problems.

Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
Gimp: LOL...

And a good morning to you too. I must admit that I got up this morning feeling lazy & incompetent.

Perhaps I should whack or shoot the beautiful deer that frequent our properties here & chew on my garden.
TAM

Unfortunately we do that regularly.

Or how about I take a baseball bat to the occasional dog that violates the sanctity of my cat friendly yard? Live & let live I say.TAM

If it was attacking you, you'd just say "meh, live and let live"? There's reasons we have bylaws in place for dogs. Cats can be extremely vicious, too. My caregiver was attacked by her neighbours cat that was roaming on her front yard. This happened last summer and the scars down her forearm haven't healed yet.

One of the reasons that the Plague took out so much of the European population in medieval times was because of the cruel, superstitious & misguided practices of attempting to annihilate domestic cats. Plague carrying rodents flourished with disastrous results.

My cats seem to help control the rodent population here & rarely, if ever, get birds.

Well heck, that's as good a reason as any to abstain from spaying and neutering grin . What about "live and let live"?

Originally Posted By: Socketman
Up here , we have a bylaws that no cat or dog can be loose. I do not see any cats outdoors here what so ever. FYI, they are 10 times worse for getting in the garbage than even raccoons or dogs. I have lost a couple cats that insisted on making a jailbreak, the fox's and coyotes make a meal of them in short order. My sister in Kelowna lost quite a few pets to the wild animals. Best to keep them indoors lest you annoy your neighbors.

Oh and Chilliwack has a cat and dog bylaw as well, my parents neighbors have mess and netting all over the yard trying to contain their cats. Hilarious

I think Toronto has the same bylaw.

And just to clarify (because some don't understand jesting, hyperbolic statements,) I most certainly don't think cats should be harmed in any shape or form because they're meandering on someone's property.

One often overlooked concern about loose domestic pets is that they pose a threat to driver safety.

Last edited by Da_Gimp_Pimp; 06/26/14 10:48 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.