I'll probably be skipping that option now anyway, since I see the price for it is around $4,000. I thought it was much less. It's what's called a root type, whatever that means.

All of the vehicles I've been looking at get around 17-18 MPG. The only other negative that I've been able to muster up seems to be the windshield and blind spots.

The windshield is almost at a 90 degree angle which is both a bug collector and breaks and chips easily when it gets hit by small pebbles. The earlier models seem to have this problem more than the newer ones did. Maybe an improvement in the glass. Would probably pay to get insurance with zero deductible. Definitely want the bug deflector installed.

The blind spots can be helped with conical mirror attachments to the existing mirrors. This would be one vehicle that would benefit from blind spot warning detectors. I don't understand why they don't come with one as an option.

To help in gas mileage, I won't order one with the top railings. I don't see myself using them anyway. Also, lighter aluminum wheels, and bigger wheels to eliminate as much rubber as possible to lessen weight would also help with gas mileage. (Pimp my FJ, have to get something that still looks decent). Will be used 100% of the time on highways anyway. But at the same time, don't want to lose it's ability to get around in snow covered roads. Would rather error on tires that are bigger.

Last edited by CatBrat; 03/11/13 03:03 PM.