Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
Miata's are great. They're a blast to drive, reasonably afordable, and reliable. The manual transmission in a Miata is one of the best in the world. Just a joy to drive. Miata's are very good cars.

But do make sure you drive one *with the top up* before buying. My wife & I took one for a test drive one on a lovely spring day with the top down. Perfect! But then we decided to be thorough and flipped the top up. At 6' tall, I didn't fit. With the top up, I have to drive with my head tilted to the side. 6 footers can fit in a Miata, but it's all about the individual leg-to-torso ratio. I have a longer torso and shorter legs, and so I really just don't fit in a Miata.

I test drove a Miata back in '03 and agree with you on the fit. I have the short legs long torso body ratio and just couldn't quite fit in the car. I'm 5'11" and felt cramped. I wanted the seat to go back one more notch. The thing that killed me was top of the windshield was directly in my line of sight--i had to duck to see the streetlights.

*sigh*

It was really fun to drive, though, and I did enjoy the way the transmission felt. I want to test drive one of the newer models to see if the fit has changed at all.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose