Well that certainly narrows down the choices Tom. I really like the 2011 Mustang GT. They’ve upped the anti on them quite a bit this year and they’re over 400 HP now. You might just want to give one a whirl. I drove a 2010 GT500 and can attest that it is an absolute animal, but too front end heavy for me (although the 2011 is 100 pounds lighter in the front this year with the new al block). The standard GT should put a smile on your face. But, I think it’s outside your budget. The Ford Fusion is a nice little car worth a look. Really, no joke, it’s a nice car. The Camaro is a slick car, but everyone has one. I’m holding out to see what the Z28 brings to the table. Both are outside your budget though. I hate Subaru’s. They ride like a brick and don’t have enough power to pull a string out of a cat’s ass. One rig you might want to look at is a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. You might be able to find one used in your price range. It’s not a car, get’s horrible gas mileage, but they are definitely a fun ride. All wheel drive, 425 hp. I know you can get a SRT-10 (pickup) used for about 25K, but I reckon that’s a real stretch for you. I owned one for a while. They definitely do not drive like a truck, but have many of the benefits of a truck, like visibility, head room, bed, can pull a boat, etc. I know, I’m no help… Have fun and get what YOU want before you’re too damn old to enjoy it.

Oh, you might be able to find a used caddy CRX. Nice friggin ride! I rented one and drove it all over Wa last fall. Sporty, good gas mileage, luxury.