The Fusion, if you get it with the right options actually looks pretty cool. Without the larger wheels and upgraded trim, they are boring. A neighbor of mine has one all tricked out and I think it looks pretty sharp. The Camaro is the flavor of the week. My neighbor has an SS and it's a sweet ride, but damn, you can't drive two blocks anywhere without seeing one. If I get a Camaro, it'll be a pre70 or the new Z28. The Z28 is rumored to be available with a rag top, which is what I want. The Mustang GT 500 comes in a rag top, which is really tempting, but I’ve have to get a 2011 and that’s 60K.

Have you ever seen the SRT? Scary friggin fast and eats corners like crazy with its AWD. One of my bud's girlfriend has one and let me take it for a spin with her riding along. I had her screaming for her life. Now she begs me to take her for a ride. You shouldn’t dismiss it so quick without at least looking at one.

A used CTS can be found for about 25K. With the 18" wheels, it's pretty sexy. I'd look for the V model with the V8, but that would be over your price range, probably in the high 30's.

You serious about the vette? If so, let me know, I'm looking for one right now. Make sure you stick with the C-5 chassis. They stick to the road much, much better than any previous version. I want one dark red, rag top, six speed and HUD. 08-10's with low (less than 20K) miles are going for about 40K. 5K for a supercharger and you’re up around 650 HP.

Another car worth looking at is a Charger (even though you apparently don't like Dodge). Dodge is giving them away right now. The RT with AWD and 5.7 is going for about 25K, new.

The G-8 was about 30K new with all the bells and whistles and a 6.2 ltr. I forgot about them. Not sure why they didn't sell that well cause they were a heck of a bargain. I did drive a GTO once. I wasn’t impressed.

If you like Nissan, a fun one to test drive that’s totally out of your price range is the GT-R. You might be able to find a used 09 for 50K, maybe. They are about 80K new. An optometrist I know has one and took me for a spin in it after we got into an “import verses American muscle car debate”. Holy crap, what a ride. This is one car that is seriously under appreciated by the performance snobs of the world. I usually don’t get nervous, but I was going through some serious sphincter pucker problems during that little ride.

Let me know if I can provide further assistance. I'll do my best to talk you into spending 50K.