Earlier today I went to the local auto mall and had a browse around...Sunday, no salesman, woo hoo! Anyway, had a look at a number of small cars the most impressive of which(to me) seemed to be the new Hyundai Elantra, a roomy, nicely styled, very economical car and starting at only $16k-ish as well as the new Chevy Cruze also with nice(not as good as the Hyundai imo) styling and a starting price around $17k. If you want the most economical Cruze, the ECO, it's around $20K or more though. Least impressive to me was the Ford Fiesta...$23-24K with a few options, seriously Ford? $3k more than a similarly equipped Civic? wonder how their marketing dep't will spin that one, eh Mike? never mind the paintjobs(fuscha? mus-terd?). I'm seeing a few turbos being added to some of the small domestic engines, I'm not sure how that'll work out based on some of the turbo cars Dodge and Ford tried to bring out a number of years ago. Time will tell, I guess. Mazda 3 looks and sounds like a fun car to own, but to me it appears like they're falling behind in the fuel economy wars with Honda, Hyundai and even Chev and Ford now. Nothing Dodge or Toyota makes in a small car really interest me much, so I never checked them out.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.