Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
Oh, over-steer vs. under. That's another thing that freaks me out about FWD cars, is that they're all set up to under-steer (heck, most American designed RWD cars do too). If I come into a corner too hot, I'd rather have the tail coming around, where I can correct with the throttle, than have the nose push out, where I go off the road.

Trailing throttle steer is something that takes a little getting used to. The first time I did get my RX-7 sideways from bit too much welly, I panicked, and lifted completely. Yeah, that was bad. I went from tail-out, to a complete spin in the opposite direction. Best thing to do, is stay on it, apply a little reverse lock of the wheel, and modulate your foot as needed.

The other problem with suddenly letting off the gas in a corner is that it changes the weight distribution of the car just as suddenly and that can also be catastrophic. Especially considering many people are driving cars with soggy suspensions built for a smooth ride, not tight cornering.

Unless of course, you are doing it on purpose to initiate a 180 because you just noticed you drove by a Tim Hortons.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.