Tom,

Lots of great choices out there depending on what you want out of the car. One of the best places to find out what some of these cars are all about without test driving everything is to go to their forums and see what the real owners say about their enjoyment, true maintenance costs and problems, many times you can find great buys off these forums from guys that have been very meticulous about their vehicles.

As Michael pointed out you ought to test drive a GT-R or a ZR1, they both set the bar pretty high in power and handling, and that will help you decide where along that line you want to go. Last year after seeing all the specs. on all the new cars I wanted a new sports car, but my wife gave me that are you crazy look, so rather than buying I've spent the last year modifying my Acura,(Supercharger,headers,exhaust,air induction and a bunch of other goodies)Now It's running around 440hp and weighing less than 2900 lbs, it can be pretty scary when jumped on, but there's nothing like knowing the powers there smile So my advice is get a little more than you want in power and handling to keep the car exciting for years to come.

Good luck with the hunt.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.