Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I've got my work cut out for me. I tried rowing 1000m for the first time today. I started out too fast so first 500m interval was much faster than my second. I got 3:34. The record here is 3:08.

I barely broke a sweat, but my lungs and the tendons on the elbow sides of my biceps were aching when I finished. My heart rate is still up one hour later. That's a lot of fallout from a < 4min workout.

Needless to say, I pushed myself pretty hard.

That's impressive, at least to me. In Crossfit, we have certification levels and at Level One, you have to do 1K under 8:10. During my workout last month, I did it (not under testing) at 8:10:02. Argh.

Then yesterday we did a workout called Jackie for time. I did it in March at 13:31 but I used a red elastic band to help me complete the pull ups.

1K row
50 thrusters with a bare 45 lb bar
30 pull ups

Yesterday I did the same workout w/o a band, which is huge for me, since in Aug last year, I couldn't even do one pull up. I tried to keep my row pace below 2 min/500 m but that failed after time. I think my row was above 4:10 or so. But I ended up with 13:28. Beat my time slightly, but w/ a harder workout.

I need your row karma. wink

Surprising how much a 2K row takes out of you, huh?