I can now confirm the actives disappear in my living room much better than the M100s and my reference standard, the M5s. How much better? How about all the way?

They are quite amazing actually. So visually large and yet I don't perceive them when I close my eyes. To get them to perfectly disappear, I had to set the BGC to Off for the right side and FAR2 for the left. Fortunately to achieve disappearance, I didn't need an analog BGC control - the existing digital settings are fine - but will it be granular enough for the man-cave? We'll find out around Xmas.

I have to say I did not expect them to disappear in my living room. Axiom knows I was not pleased with the fact my M5s did so well in my living room and then completely moved out of the way in my basement but the M100s were not able to do the same. Ian pointed me to passive LFRs and I am glad I waited. I suspect the actives disappear better in all kinds of spaces.

I didn't have to do much fiddling. Some may say they were just fine and I was being pedantic. Craig however knows that I have a strict, scientific protocol about such things and it includes the piece below I use to gauge acoustic disappearance. No doubt AAAA (Serenity_Then) has much fancier tools and methods but mine are "similarly good". smile

https://open.spotify.com/track/4XHXQEOG6UmRAdSoKNc0aA?si=8OEeM3l0RraLpyJelaLj6g

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated