Phil and Craig, you will note I prefaced my observations with qualifications along the lines of "In my 1700 cu.ft. living room..." and "In my 4,200 cu. ft. home theater...". I explained how the bass from the M5s did not integrate well with my living room but the bass from the M2s did. Conversely, I explained how the M5s sound better in my home theater without a sub but the M2s do not.

It is FACT that the M2s sound better than the M5s in my living room. It is FACT that the M5s sound better in my home theater than the M2s. Throw in my subs in the home theater and it is FACT the M2s sound better than the M5s without Audyssey. Bring in Audyssey and it's FACT that it's anyone's guess whether it's the M5s or M2s playing. It is also FACT the active LFR1100s in my living room present better bass than all the subs and M100s or M5s or M2s or M3s or M50s driven from ADAs in my home theater.

I've stated all this before. I am telling you all these are the facts in my two spaces with my ears-brain and the rooms, positions and equipment I have repeatedly documented. I can also tell you two ladies and three guys made the same observations.

I post all this with the hope that readers will find it easier to select speakers for their rooms and place them as best as possible to maximize enjoyment.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated