Trevor, thanks for posting that link. I wish I had a rectangular room. smile

I've tried four corners and mids although one corner wasn't really a corner and two of the mids were displaced from the wall boundaries. Both resulted in very flat bass at my MLP and well away. I found though I lost a lot below 25Hz. This is all by ear and with subs fed from the Onk's sub out.

The towers of power I posted started off as a joke to maximize the sound pressure at my MLP. Each tower is fed from each LFR DSP. While the sound pressure was a thing to behold, it wasn't flat at my MLP. I engaged the 800 in the back fed from the Onk's sub out. With a combination of tweaked crossovers, gains and phases, I've achieved deep, loud and flat enough bass at my MLP. It's hard to explain but I hear articulation in the bass that was hinted at with a single sub. I started noticing that articulation more as I added subs. This topology has amped that articulation up.

The problem is, there's a threshold volume which over-excites the room below 25Hz and that creates a reverberation because the room is under-damped. This isn't as much a problem with music as with movies. I can now listen to music at a very low volume and feel and hear every growl and groan in the bass. When I say low volume, it's at -30 and recall I'm sitting 14 feet away (15 usually because I lean back). This is a very comfortable level for me and with the active LFRs, I still get envelopment and a wide and deep stage. Very, very satisfying.

My buddy who stole my M100s and set up twin subs with them was over last night. He was completely floored when he listened to tunes he was familiar with. He had no idea how much bass articulation is missing in his system. One can listen to his system and be very satisfied but listening to the same stuff at my place is a different thing altogether. Of course it's not just the bass but also the clarity and spatial presentation.

I want everyone to know I was very happy with a single 800v4. All this is nothing more than an attempt to satisfy my curiosity.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated