Here is how much better the active LFR1100 is relative to M3, M50, M2, M5, M100v4 within their operating limits. All impressions are within my 1800 cu. ft. living room at a 10 foot MLP, driven with ADAs. These impressions may change once I get the actives into my much larger basement.

Spatial resolution (imaging) - 20 times better than M3, M50. 4 times better than M2, M5, M100.

Soundstage depth: 2 times better than all the others

Soundstage width: 4 times better than M3, M50. On par with M2, M5. 2 times better than M100.

Bass reproduction: Infinitely better than all others. It has to be heard to be believed.

Mid-range reproduction: Infinitely better than all others for lower registers. Infinitely better than M3 and M50 across the entire range. About the same as M2, M5 and M100 for middle and upper registers.

Treble reproduction: 4 times better than M3, M50. Better than M2 and marginally better than M5 and M100 but it's difficult to say by how much.

Ease of playing well with room modes: Infinitely easier than M3, M50, M5 and M100. On par with M2.

Ability to disappear: About the same as M3, M50, M100 and M5. Not nearly as good as the M2.

Performance under "quiet listening" conditions: infinitely better than all others.

Ability to image off-MLP: significantly worse than all others*.

I really don't know how to judge micro and macrodynamics quantitatively so I won't even bother. What I can say is the actives feel like they are starting and stopping notes faster making for a more emotionally rewarding experience.

The above quantities are not weighted. You may want to place more weight on some attributes compared to others.

*Craig has talked about the ability to use the actives without a center when listening off-axis. A reviewer who listened to the passive 1100s made a similar comment. I haven't found that. My imaging, including the center image, collapses when I move out of the MLP. This may change when I get them into the basement and can place them further away from me and away from the front wall. This is actually a feature that doesn't matter to me.

Also remember the actives can reach extremely dangerous SPLs. There is dynamic limiting taking place in the passives that really is not evident until the actives are heard.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated