Here's a worry I have.

My very good buddy fell in love with my M100v4 when he heard them. He also liked the M2, M3, M5, M50 but after listening to M100s, he said music sounded more real through them. To each his own I guess. To me, the smaller ones soundstage better. But then again, you need to set the smaller ones up right in your room.

Anyway...

Then he heard my M2OWv4. He was blind-folded and had no idea what he was listening to. He couldn't understand why I had installed surround in my living room. But of course I hadn't. He loved the sound but found they were not as "warm" as the M100s. I'll grant him that. When I removed his blind-fold, his eyes wandered around the room. Finally, his eyes fixated on the two M2OW. He was looking at me dumb-founded. He would not believe it. So I played them and finally he acknowledged their diminutive largeness.

Fast-forward to today. The subs I had in the above experiment were my old, crappy ones. With the 125v4, there is new-found warmth and nice pop and growl. Grrrrrooowwl!

So here's the worry. My friend bought M100v4. He's going to come over later today and hear the new M2OW/125v4 system. He may just say "Why the %$*@ did I buy M100s for my living room??????"

I keep saying it over and over. And Ian has said it many times over. If you want it loud and clean, go bigger. But how loud or clean does it really have to be? In my 1920 cu ft living room, it is already loud enough across the entire band with M2OW that I can have a party in my front yard.

Yes, I am running science experiments here.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated