Hello Mojo

I had a condo, years ago, when I first got my M3Tis. I hooked them up to my Antique Sound Labs MG Si 15DT, an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb Marantz based CD player with a tube output stage and upgraded Burr Brown op amp, donkey dick power cord and Ediswan 12au7 tube, a little Velodyne sub, Maple Shade Double Golden Helix speaker wire, and Maple Audio Ambiance interconnects.

OK, now in that particular room, everything sounded really good. But the above system, well it produced the holy WALL OF SOUND. Detail? Yes. Sound stage? Oh my yes. Midrange, a bit pronounced, but beautiful.

Now, my M22 Tis did not work in that system. But the M3Tis, earned my affection and respect, even compared to some very expensive and accomplished speakers.

Although the M22Tis did not work in that system, (in that room) My M22V2s, in my current abode, sounded great when driven by that same Antique Sound Labs amp, which by now is about 20 years old. (recapped with the sausage sized V-Cap oil teflon cap, and running Gold Lion KT88s and a pair of Telefunken 12ax7s which are worth more than the amp.

I find the M22s very detailed, and, on occasion, they produce more bass than I expect. If you check the frequency response curves at Soundstage Network measurements, you will see that the M22 has an enviably flat response line (not so much a curve) from its usable bass to its highest frequency.

So, what is the conclusion? The quality of sound produced by speakers is very dependent on the room. And, as to preferences, well, that's why the Eternal One made both chocolate and vanilla.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.