Well, what I have to say today may not sit well with everyone. But, I have to call it as I hear it. Your results may differ given your rooms and your bass preferences.

Dual EP125v4, flanking my active LFRs in my main room and fed from the dual DSPs, sound better with music than dual 500s. There, I said it! Photos of my partial main room set-up and the playlist I've used are linked below.

As for the set-up, I have tried with the active LFRs crossed to the EP125s at 80Hz and the EP125 set to 80Hz also. With this setting, I have to set the EP125 gain knob to 7 out of 10. It leaves me lots of headroom BTW. Audyssey is off but dynamic EQ is on (as always).

I have also tried with the active LFRs playing full range. With this setting, I have to set the EP125 gain knob to 6 out of 10.

The difference is not minor. It is very easy to hear. It is very, very nice with the dual 125s. The bass is not as thick and sounds even more textured. Details across my large soundstage are even more pronounced. When I turn on the 800 in the back, DEEP, permeating and gorgeous low end fills the room without any sacrifice in detail.

I have not tried movies.

As a reminder, I have been running the dual EP125v4 in my living room in 2.2 fed off the channel pre-amp outputs of my Pioneer and I love them.

Photos in my main, 4200 cu ft room:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Playlist I used for main room and living room (1920 cu ft):

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/48ebpxdI6yzRg5Ph7cTtUU?si=O9CAbMtyRiueSEdrVI35oA

Photos in living room:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated