I've now placed the M2s in the livingroom as shown in the photo. They sound so good! No sub and bass integration is much better than M3, M5, M50 and M100 in this room. No sub needed to enjoy music in this 1800 cu. ft. space that is open to the rest of the house. In almost every way they are completely out-classed by the actives. A big surprise though, is that they cast a much wider soundstage and in this regard, they outperform the actives at least in this room! When I had the M2s in my 4200 cu. ft. room, they were equally as impressive but of course with subs on.

They are 10 feet apart, 2.5 feet from the front wall and MLP is 10 feet away. I am powering them with my 50W/channel Pioneer A9 (the dual mono one) and there is no need for any more power than that.

I read a couple of reviews on the M2 product page from a lady. She said no sub required and she's right. Of course if you want to feel the 15Hz sub-harmonic in Hotel California like Craig does, you'll have to pair them up with a 600 or 800.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated