I'd love to do a double-blind, controlled test of the M2s with sub against the M5s with and without a sub.

In my living room, the M2s win with no sub because the M5s boom like crazy at normal listening volumes. At lower volumes, the M5s win. Those volumes though are too low to elicit an emotional response.

A real good question is "Would you be happy with the M2s in the living room over the active LFRs?" Now that I hear both in my living room, this is a very tough question believe it or not. In almost every respect the actives are orders of magnitude better. But that width I get with the M2s is very addictive. Also, even though the M2s are more spatially resolving than the M3 or M50 as I described in a previous post, they are like an M3 when compared to the active LFRs. So in this regard, when I just want to relax and not have to analyze, the M2s are better.

I suppose what I am trying to convey in all of this is that the Axiom v4 is all really damned good and all in their own damning way. It's best to just chill and listen but that's really hard when I have them all here and can analyze until I'm paralyzed. smile

I actually really enjoy having discovered all this.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated