I have great bass with the 800v4 downstairs. A complete dream compared to my 600v2 smiling clown I had to stuff three pillows into the pie hole of. Sorry, Craig. That damned thing was right out of Stephen King's IT. I read the holy scriptures to it, got Stephanos the Orthodox priest in to sprinkle holy juice on it but it didn't work. Many times I thought of pulling out my treasured Smithfield Armoury 0.45 and blasting it right in the maw.

Then came that blessed 800 and I found such bliss. It sounded like manna from heaven right out of its box. I shivered and undulated as that bass permeated the aether betwixt my quarks. My 'nads felt good too. smile

These 500s in my living room though, they are speaking a far more nuanced bass alphabet. The 800 can't do in my cursed basement what the dual 500s are doing in what is turning out to be my holy living room.

So I have a brilliant effin' idea. The living room can be my music room and the basement can be movies. Now to add four more feet of depth to my living room for an even deeper soundstage. laugh

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated