I was comparing between the man-cave M100/EP800/dual 500v4 system and the living room active LFR system today.

There is no doubt depth, width, height, imaging, fidelity and bass in the man-cave soundstage. Of those, the only thing that stands out compared to the A-LFRs, is the degree of depth. I surmise this is because the backs of the M100s are three feet from the front wall while the A-LFRs are only 8". That depth however is flatter than the A-LFRs. Also recall that the 8" of depth, is giving me a soundstage clear out my bow window; so I am not at all complaining and am in fact thrilled. One thing to note about the depth, with the A-LFRs, instruments are more distributed into the depth. In all other respects, the A-LFRs are noticeably superior. Even the bass...and every other band. Wow!

I'll qualify all this by saying they are two completely different rooms and the cave system is equalized with Audyssey XT32. This is also no double-blind test but I am sincerely trying to report what I am hearing.

Last edited by Mojo; 11/28/19 12:36 AM.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated