Alright, I have an update regarding Steely Dan's "What a shame about me" on 2AN.

I have two systems: main floor and cave.

Main floor consists of A-LFRs driven by a 1000-8 and a 1000-2. The pre-amp is a Pioneer A9. My two sources are a Pioneer D6 CD player and Spotify over a Chromecast Audio dongle. Both are connected to the A9 using RCA cables. All RCA cables are grungy, 40 year-old, bottom-of-the-barrel.

The cave consists of M100s, 800, and twin 500s - all v4 - driven by a 1500-3. My pre-amp is an Onkyo TX-NR818. Sources consist of a PS3 for CD, a Google Video dongle I used for Spotify and a Firestick 4K that I now use for everything. The cables are mostly grungy like the ones on main.

Main floor: no audible difference between CD and Spotify over the Google Audio dongle.

Cave: Higher and gooder bass output over Spotify using the Firestick 4K compared to PS3 (CD and Spotify) and the Google Video dongle (Spotify). No audible difference between PS3 (CD and Spotify) and the Google Video dongle (Spotify).

Of course this was very scientific, level-matched, blah blah.

I am not at all surprised by these results.The Firestick 4K has proven to be a very good device.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated