I am sorry to hear that you couldn't make a living doing what you love. Perhaps one day you'll be in a position to do it for fun.

As for the actives, I am finding out I cannot have it all. I cannot have well-defined images with black space between them if I want a broad and immersive sound-stage. I cannot have deep, growling, articulate, 3D bass with a broad soundstage either.

As I tune from NEAR2 to FAR2, the images get bigger, more dispersive, images to the left and right of center shift towards their respective speaker while the center image gets broader and the sound-stage extends beyond the speaker boundaries. Bass is also affected as I described above. This actually may be the way some listeners like it. It's the difference between a concert hall and an intimate club I suppose. Movies may also be better with this spatial broadening.

The effect on the bass isn't something I like though. BTW, I have the actives set to 40Hz via the DSP. The dual 500s are working below that cross-over. The 800 is set to 60Hz via its rear control and the Onk is set for "double bass". The 160 and QS10s are both set to 40Hz. This ultimately results in very tactile and high resolution bass at all listening levels.

Last edited by Mojo; 03/01/20 10:16 PM.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated