My friend who just bought M5s is over. She's been switching between the M2s and the M5s with all three of my subs going and crossed over at 80Hz and location-specific phase settings. With no Audyssey, the M2s sound better. With Audyssey, she describes the M5s as slightly warmer but admits this difference is very minor. She is wondering why she bought M5s which are larger and more expensive. I reminded her she does not have my subbage. She has vowed to fix that. smile

The M2s are no different than the M5s when it comes to dispersion and sound projection. I can place them 6 feet apart or 12 feet apart and I get a wall of 3D sound from 12 feet away. In fact, the M2s are far less picky about placement. Their backs are currently 42" away from the front wall. With Jimmy Sax, we can see the highs being sprayed across the space between their backs and towards the front wall and the sides. All images are behind them. The effect is just unbelievable.

No, none of this is scientific. Just hyperbole from a couple of listeners. smile

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated