Update: the short of it is the M5OW are staying. They sound terrific. But it took some work.

I had to move the two EP125v4. They are now on opposite corners of the room, each firing along the length. They are set to 80Hz with the gain on each at 4. This may sound quite high but recall they are being fed from my Pioneer's pre-amp outs. And the bass to them is cut all the way.

The M5s are playing with the bass cut completely on the Pioneer. I then use the bass on the Chromecast Audio to adjust depending on volume level.

I find now for my normal listening level, I don't have to adjust the bass. But if I'm grazing around in the kitchen and I want my 'nads to feel it, I turn it up and then I have to attenuate the bass.

It's worth noting that in this set-up, if I had a Transformer, I would not be able to use it because it doesn't have a bass control. If I didn't have the bass control on my Chromecast Audio, I'd have to go back to M2OW and return the M5. If my Chromecast Audio dies, I'll be in a bit of trouble for sure.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated