I haven’t posted much on the wines I’ve had that I’ve liked, as think I’ve migrated away from the majority of folk’s price point. I’m starting to search harder for good bargain wines (under $30 US) again. I’m also starting to tire of California wines. I love them, but they’re just getting to be too damn expensive, and they all tend to be over oaked.

I’m now concentrating on France, Italy and Spain. These three countries are very difficult for me, as they have an entirely different classification method than North American wines.

One thing I find quite amazing, is how French wines can taste so different with food, then when drinking them without food. I have had a couple bottles that I though were swill drinking them on their own, but when having them with food, they literally come to life. The same goes for Italian wine. Wines from Spain tend to stand on their own a bit better.

I had an Italian wine I thought was excellent. Great on its own, and even better with red meat. You can get it from Wine.com for $20.

Argiano NC
Rosso Toscano

It’s a mix of 40% cab sav, 20% merlot, 20% syrah, 20% sangiovese

Earth tones, but with a fruity pallet. Well balanced, med-heavy body. Nice lingering finish.