Yeah, I don't think I'll have any trouble filling it.

Temperature stability might be a bit of a challenge with this unit though. I did the usual reading/searching blitz on the internets before buying, and not one source raised the issue of temperature stability in these coolers. A number of sites even recommended the Danby as a good inexpensive starter.

Turns out this thing is a mini fridge with wine racking. It ranges up and down 10 degrees each cooling cycle. Silly me thinking that a lack of mention of this most critical parameter in any of the reviews meant that temp stability was not issue in any wine cooler.

The first thing I did was take my DOT thermometer and set it up in the fridge. I wanted to know what the top to bottom variation might be in this cooler (also about 10 degrees).

Now I'm curious to know how that might affect the wine, so I've concocted a little experiment using a cork, old wind bottle and my temp probe. Put water in bottle and cork. Shove probe through cork, place bottle in cooler and measure. Unfortunately the thermometer's resolution is only 1 degree so it won't be as accurate a measure of temperature change as I would like, but still it will tell me something.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!