Pathetic by comparison, but I've at least been running home from work every weekday. I told my coworker I would run the Jingle Bell 5k (work-related) with her if she wanted to do it, since she mentioned it, and that was today. So that's why I'd been doing the little running I'd been doing. I've never been good at pacing myself for any significant distance, so in these runs home I would always be gasping like an idiot, and I estimate it's only like 3/4 of a mile. Thankfully, my coworker's pace is a lot slower than the pace I usually try to run at, so the 5k was essentially painless. I wasn't winded in the least, and we both felt like we could have done twice the distance without any strain. She should be a regular running buddy so I don't try to kill myself.

While I don't yet love running, I am glad to know I'm not a TOTAL wuss, even if I'm not doing ultra distance running. I'm going to try to continue to run home every day and see if I can motivate myself to do at least 3 mile stretches of more reasonably paced running on the weekends.

Only 145 lbs? For some reason I thought you were heavier. I don't know why. Right now I'm at around 160, which is about as heavy as I get. I think I've been up to 164. I feel much tighter when I'm about 152. I don't know if I'll try to slim down to that or not.

In any case, nice job on the new workout.