Thanks Michael. That B&B looks very nice. I was all fired up to book the “cottage”, but at $2000 a night I think I’ll pass. The main house rooms look great though. I’ll see if the wino crew wants to go here instead of Napa this fall. They are also talking about going to the Walla-Walla area. While we all enjoy Napa, it’s time to venture out some more.

Chess, there’s plenty of drawbacks to living here. So many in fact, I’m looking at property in the lower 48 to move to in four years. I’m tired of two seasons and living in a remote area. The pay is a bit higher here than the national average, but so is the cost of living. It off-sets itself. My employer pays well, but they are global and the pay is the same everywhere. I just don’t have as many other hobbies as most other folks who live closer to civilization, so I have more to spend on the few hobbies I do have. And after drinking a damn fine bottle of wine that costs about a hundred bucks, one becomes a bit numb to the price, as long as the bottle is worth it. It’s those bottles that cost a lot that are crap that piss me off. And I doubt I can get much more than you can locally. I belong to several clubs that ship the stuff to me.