So I lied. I didn't take any pictures tonight. I did, however, manage to pull out all of the old wiring (that was coming out), and all of the old lights. The only wiring that is left that was from before we bought the home is the stuff going to the furnace/utility/storage room, to the outside light and outlet by the sliding door, and to 2 outlets in the bedroom. There were so many wires coming from some of the locations, that I had to trace them back to the next spot before pulling them. I pulled some wires that were just going to odd locations that I didn't even realize. I did, however, have to leave those 2 outlets in place as they were feeding up inside a wall and then up to the main floor for something. Too much hassle. There is only the one drywalled wall in the basement, and it is where the sliding door and two windows are. Per building code, since that is fully framed construction, it needed to be drywalled when they built the house. It also needed to be mudded and taped, and I didn't want to tear into all of that either.

But overall, I made some good progress, and a good mess. I do have the light in the storage/utility room that I need to run power to (it was originally just tied in to the rest of the basement lights). I have the switch run, just need to get the power, but it was going to take about an hour to do because I would need to move a bunch of stuff in the storage room to reach where I need to. I will save that for tomorrow.

Farewell - June 4, 2020