Originally Posted By: nickbuol
M3s were picked up yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to un-box them until today.

I noticed that one set has serial numbers about 1000 lower than the other set, came in slightly different packaging (didn't have the 1/2" white styrofoam sheet on the top/bottom of the inside packaging end caps, and had been previously opened, re-stapled and re-taped shut. They look perfect, and if my receiver ever finishes updating its firmware, I will be able to try them out.

Oh, I also noticed that the logo on one of the "older" ones was messed up. The bottom looks "melted." Not a huge deal, but I did see it right away.

And here is a messed up one:

Without ever officially asking, Axiom sent me a note that they are going to send a replacement grill with correct logo.

Also, Ian believes that the odd mystery about the opened box is that it was opened in customs. The serial numbers being 1000 off from the other pair equals about a month worth of serial numbers, so that isn't so bad either. Slightly different stock, slightly different packaging, and the boxes were opened by customs... Makes a lot of sense. Customs much use the same box stapler and brown string reinforced paper packing tape since the staples and tape were the same, but whatever, the product works and I am happy with it. THAT is what matters.

Farewell - June 4, 2020