So yesterday's project list included a few things non-home theater related, so I didn't get a ton done, but I did make progress.

I got the fabric on the old star ceiling. Here is the old one. Notice how ugly the surface is with all sorts of hot glue bumps, and the "ripple" across the entire styrofoam surface. In my V3 of my theater when I built this, you could never see that because of where it was positioned in relationship to the lights in the room. You could definitely see in in V4 as the wall sconces would cast light that caused those big imperfections to be noticeable.

Ignore the "white" spots. Those happened while trying to separate the styrofoam from the brown wood border.

Here is it with the fabric being "tucked" in the newly created separation between the styrofoam and wood border:

And here is the final trimmed and final tucked version. NOTE: As expected, I did have to use a little 3M Super 77 spray to get it to stick and not sag when turned upside down.

I did also get my rear overheads mounted and tried out some Atmos demo material. About an hour later of pure enjoyment, I decided that I should go to bed (about 12:30am again) and forgot to take a picture. I still need to mount the star ceiling, but doing it by myself is going to be a challenge just due to the awkwardness of the size of the panel, and needing at least 3 hands and arms to hold the panel and use my finishing nail gun to secure it to the ceiling.

I will do that today and post an updated photo. I do need to clean a bunch of the house as I have some guests coming over to watch a movie tonight, so that will be the only update for today.

UPDATE: I just noticed that the pictures make the frame look "bowed" in the middle, but that was just due to a lens setting on my phone camera.

Farewell - June 4, 2020