So I haven't posted anything here in over 2 years, and unfortunately it looks like I may be losing my web hosting.

The company that I have been using for about 14 years is now saying that I can no longer "store" images on their system unless it is tied directly to a website. Well, most of my photos here are just stored on that web hosting and not a part of the "ht.buol.us" website, if you even want to call it that.

So they are making me clean house. I have a ton of movie poster images that I've worked up for people to do custom print acoustical panels. Those all had to go. I am losing about 99% of what I use the space for, and I pay about $120 a year for their hosting and the registration of buol.us. Not worth it.

Since my build thread is mainly from about 7 years ago, and I haven't posted a recent image even in 2 years, I think that it is time to let this go.

I am going to ask them to cancel my service and refund any unused portion of what I've paid (people are required to pre-pay for their hosting). I will take my $120 and use it to upgrade my google drive or dropbox storage if need be and save a ton each year.

That means that almost every photo in this entire thread will vanish soon.

I have saved everything locally, but don't see a reason really to every put any of it back up at this point. I hate dead links in discussions, but even if I decided to keep things going, the value for the money isn't there, and using any free hosting/storage would mean most likely changing the URL for each image and thus they wouldn't work anyway.

If someone ever comes across this thread and wants to see a particular photo, let me know. I am here almost every day, so I will respond quickly.

Farewell - June 4, 2020