I started playing around with putting an on-wall M3 on to my ceiling. To get it at a reasonable angle on my 7'9" ceiling, it really hung down a lot more than I would care for aesthetics reasons.

So I starting thinking more about what to do... A cleaner look would be in-ceiling of course, but 1) I am concerned about how I would put them in the ceiling without hitting some hat channel or ceiling joist, and 2) I am not eager to cut 4 good sized holes into my soundproofed ceiling (the one part of the room that I spent the most money on soundproofing as well) and stuffing 4 speakers into those holes, 3) putting in-ceiling speakers wouldn't let me angle the speakers towards the listening area as suggested.

I sent some questions to Axiom, and Debbie responded today with a suggestion on how to get an on-wall M3 to mount to the ceiling, and also confirmed that the in-ceiling M3s have been coming with aimable tweeters for a while now.

So, I also figured out a way to find where my ceiling joists are in the theater room. I also have some notes buried around here somewhere that have my plan for where I would have put the hat channel.

Then is just comes down to (for the in-ceiling speakers) finding the openings for where the speakers could go, see if they should go there (proper location for Atmos/DTS:X), determining how much sound will leak into the room above, and lastly, figuring out if aimable tweeters is "good enough" or if the full speaker needs to angle towards the listening area.

Farewell - June 4, 2020