So I lied once again, this time I was saying that I was NOT going to work much on the theater, and yet I did. Around noon on Saturday, I went to Home Depot to pick up some wood for the false wall black panels. The place was packed and I was buying some "by liner foot" priced lumber, so I had to wait a while to get a couple of feet cut off of the wood I was buying. No sense buying more than I need.

Anyway, I got started around 2:30 after the long trip to HD, some lunch, and getting sucked into another episode of Dream Machines.

Anyway, It is now 3:20 am on Sunday, and I am post some pictures. I spent the time from 2:30 until now building the frames (most of them) then going to take PROM pictures, then getting dinner with my wife, then cutting some more lumber for another panel, then going to the PROM announcing ceremony where we paid like $2.50 a ticket to get a reserved seat to sit and watch as they announce the kids arriving. We bolted after our daughter was announced, then it was off to get some ice cream with our 13 year old and my wife's folks, the next thing I know, it is 10:00 pm and I still have to assemble 1 panel, and none of them are covered.

I spent the next 90 minutes assembling, test fitting, making adjustments, to the panels, and then painting the last frame (the other 3 got painted earlier in the day so that they were black behind the velvet coverings). While that was drying, my 13 year old and I started covering the other 3 panels around 11:45 pm. It took a while even though it wasn't hard. I was slightly stretching the fabric, and she was using the air-stapler to attach it once we wrapped it around the frame. The staples went in the back, and thus were hidden and didn't add to the width of the panel or bind up anywhere.

We got done with the 3rd frame and it had been long enough that the 4th frame was dry, so we did that one. We finished up right around 2:00am. Maybe a little earlier. I am sure that I could have stapled 10x faster, but I wanted to make sure that the material was stretched correctly.

So anyway, here are the 2 photos. The first one is of the first panel in place. The room looked better already. The panel is the one below the screen. The frame on the ground is the next one (black side down) that would go to the left of the screen.

Here is the screen wall finished with the bottom panel, side panels, and 3.75" tall (10' wide though) top panel. Sound was still great. No noticeable difference when the panel was in front of the speakers. This is mainly because the whole center channel and about 80% of the two front speakers are behind the AT screen.

I would go to bed now, but my daughter is coming home in 25 minutes with about 11 other people. I've got a breakfast casserole in the oven and I will need to stay up at least long enough to get them all situated. They claim that they are going to watch a movie too, but I think that at least half of them will crash. I know I would.

Farewell - June 4, 2020