Good progress was made tonight despite being delayed by other errands that I had to run.

Here is a shot with the first layer of texture on the patched areas (minus the larger patch area in the back left). I to one layer of texture right over the primary areas, let that dry, and then do a wider "blending" texture spraying. Unfortunately, I forgot to photograph that.

After two coats of texture spray, I ran some errands to make sure that the stuff was fully dry before painting...

And here is it with the 1st coat of paint still partially wet.

While that was drying, I started working on my 2 additional acoustical panels. Simple construction like before and using 2" OC703 insulation.

The back gets covered in cheap fabric (thank you Walmart $4.98 twin bed sheet) to keep insulation fibers from getting airborne. They really never should, but this stuff comes with a warning label, and for $5 it is worth being safe than breathing this stuff into your lungs.

And OC703 insulation added:

And the one fabric image just laying on top of it:

After I got about this far, I went back to the theater room, noticed that a few textured spots could use a touch more texture. Gave them a zap, put a fan on the bigger spot, and ate a late dinner before putting a 1st coat of paint on those areas.

I put on a second coat inbetween working on the 1st and 2nd panel, and then got into a long set of phone calls with family while it dried and while I worked on stapling the 2nd panel.

A little while later and I am back to a 7.2.2 setup (the 2 rear Atmos speakers still need to be mounted, but I wanted to make sure that the ceiling paint was REALLY dry, so that will be for tomorrow and should go rather quickly.

Here is one side:

And the other:

And looking straight back with some still wet paint (the 1st coat ended up being me painting about 75% of the entire ceiling to paint over the "blend" texture, but it is worth it in the end to look like nothing was ever needing touched up...
Again, this is with paint still wet over the primary patch areas:

That is enough for tonight. It is 12:25am and I need to be up for work in a few hours.

Tomorrow I plan on getting the fabric attached to the star ceiling, mount the rear overhead Atmos speakers, re-run ARC (Anthem Room Correction), and then start on my next project... Running a new fresh air duct from outside the house to our furnace room. More drywall work to do. The area is right above my pinball and arcade machine, so I've already moved them out of the way and located the screws in that part of the ceiling. Once that is done it will allow me (some other time) to turn the current fresh air duct into an air return for the theater (finally) as it runs almost directly over the equipment rack. If only I knew that I was going to need to do this 5 years ago, I would have done it all before framing and drywall back then. Thursday night is "take the dog to the vet" night, and then a buddy from work (another Axiom owner) is coming over to watch '13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi' in Atmos, so I probably won't do any project work that night.

Farewell - June 4, 2020