"You make it sound like the only people who need assistance are people who simply f*&ked off their whole lives. If that were true, I'd agree...screw 'em. But it's not that simple."

We all have stories like twodans to tell. Stories of witnessing the abuse of social programs first hand. I have too many to tell.

All of these freebies are well intentioned programs that actually cause more harm than good. If you really want me to, I'll explain why.

"Why is it Kerry gets attacked for saying it, but not Bush? Kerry's a "tax and spender" for saying it, but not Bush?"

I didn't get the full text of Kerry's speech, but the paper said he proposes a comprehensive federal health care system. I did see a direct quote regarding his belief that health care should be a basic right for all Americans. Bush ain't saying that.

In Bush's speech this morning he alluded to improving health care affordability and accessability by limiting malpractice suits and large punitive settlements. He proposes allowing small businesses to form consortiums(?) for the purpose of providing healthcare to their employees at the kind of discounted rates that large corporations can negotiate. Kerry's proposal is far different than what Bush is talking about.