BigWill... Based on what I have seen in worker's comp cases, the answer is a resounding YES ... there would be a lot of people, (men and women) who would use this new law to gain financially. I just got done fighting (and winning) a worker's comp claim from an employee who was hurt on his motorcycle, and tried to scam that he was actually hurt on the job... and there are thousands of investigators across the country who have to work diligently to prevent fraud. Anyone who does NOT think these laws would be abused is extremely naive.

As far as "religion-only" marriages, if the government was not in the marriage license business, there would BE no controversy. It the "Lower East Side Baptist Church" wants to marry two guys in a church ceremony, they can do that today. The difference is this: When the government starts saying that gays (and those claiming to be gay) can marry and automatically receive all the benefits of a spouse, watch out... right now that "Lower East Side Church" marriage carries no weight financially, these new laws change all that.

As far as the Bible goes, yes, it condemns ALL sex outside marriage, and also states marrieage IS between a man and a woman. For clarity though, the Bible is just as tough on someone cheating on a spouse as it is someone practicing gay sex. Note, I am not making a religious statement here, just pointing out what is actually in print.